WEWE

WEWE

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Pat's 24th Bday

The day started with some breakfast crepes and delicious toppings of Nutella, powdered sugar, syrup, raspberry jam, sliced bananas, apples, and chopped mango. This was prepared by the beautiful Katherine Anne. :) Katie and Maria made a delicious chocolate cake for lunch and we had a small celebration there with the Salesians and other volunteers. Later in the night Katie ordered some pizzas from "PIZZA INN" (the only place that delivers pizza in Naiorbi). The pizza was cold when it got here but still delicious, it was cold because they deliver by bicycle and they're about 4 miles away on a pot holed, dirt road.

It was truly a special birthday that I will not forget.

The chocolate cake made of two different kinds of Betty Crocker cake mixes.


Maria & Pat


Ishirini na nne (twenty four)


The tradition here is to be fed your first bite of birthday cake by a friend. If you remember from Fr. PD and Fr. Paul's birthday blog post, they were feeding each other. Here Fr. Seba (director of Bosco Boys) just fed me my first bite.

When Fr. Seba finished feeding me, he grabbed Katie to feed me my second bite!

1 comment: