WEWE

WEWE

Sunday, March 7, 2010

First Month Today!

It is a month today in Africa! At times it feels as if time has flown by. Other times it feels as if we've been here forever. We really enjoy what we are doing here, have been exposed to many new things, have learned a little bit of Kiswahili, have met many new friends, and are excited for what is next to come. We miss you all!

Here are two recent pictures of things going on at Bosco Boys.


A picture from our little buddy Eric to Pat. Eric (the little boy from the post about the basketball games) came up to me yesterday and had this paper folded and said, "here". I at first refused it because I thought it was just trash. I had to go to the other part of the school so I left. He later came up to me and said, "Here!" I opened the folded paper, then immediately had a huge smile on my face. It was so nice for him to do that for me. The picture is of the school we're at. The top left corner says, "ART BY ERIC" and the bottom left says, "ERIC is for you Patrick".


This is a picture of our friend Rahim and some nuns from Northern Kenya. Rahim is from a family of a mom who is Catholic and a dad who is Muslim. He considers himself a Muslim but works with these Catholic nuns. The nuns run a shelter for mentally handicapped and mentally challenged children. He began to get very emotional when he spoke of the work the nuns do. He truly loves working with them and helping how he can.

No comments:

Post a Comment