WEWE

WEWE

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

SUSAN!!!!!

This is Susan, my roommate. She is so amazing, I love having her as my roommate. She is so kind and giving, she is constantly making Pat and me dinner. This is one of our delicious meals. Susan was born and raised in Kenya and is at Bosco Boys for three years preparing to become a licensed teacher. She right now teaches the little ones and I love attending her class because she's teaching "beginning Kiswahili". She always has a smile on her face, is very active with the kids, and we talk nightly about our day and have great fellowship with each other. Pat and I both love her and have invited her to America to visit when she can.




This is the dinner Susan made Pat and me. It is "ugali" (maize flour heated with water), "skuma" (kale), scrambled eggs with tomatoes (scrambled eggs with tomatoes). *Notice no utensils* We eat with our hands, do as the Kenyans do.... haha, right before we posted this blog we noticed there was a fork in the picture. We only had it to scoop some guacamole out of a small container, promise. But seriously, we eat with our hands.

1 comment:

  1. I like your description of scrambled eggs and tomatoes (scrambled eggs and tomatoes)- so helpful, thanks! We love you both and please give Susan a big hug from us and thank her for taking such good care of you, can't wait to meet her, love mom (Nelson)

    ReplyDelete