WEWE

WEWE

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Bus Lift

On February 20, 2010 the boys from Bosco Town all packed into a bus headed for Bosco Utume to participate in the "Jesus Cup". The Jesus Cup is for surrounding Salesian schools and other primary/secondary schools where they compete in athletics. It happens once a year and lasts for about 3 months or so. Every Saturday the boys travel to various schools in the area to compete.

So I (Patrick) went with the boys to Utume in a bus that holds around 45-50 people. The boys some how packed around 70-80 people in it. As we left the school and came to the main road (where we should be taking a right handed turn) the bus stops. The boys then force the door open and begin running out. We are still a few miles from where we need to go, so I is confused. I then looked to the left and the boys were running to a bus (of the same size as ours) but is for Boys Town Secondary School (another Salesian school). The boys then start screaming and getting excited. I looked at the bus and it had slipped off the road into the ditch. The rear left side is stuck in mud and the boys start surrounding the part in the dirt.

They tell me to start lifting, and I'm thinking there's no way we can all lift it out, so I do. The bus is not going anywhere then I see about 40 boys behind me start pushing, the driver starts pressing the gas, and we lifted this bus out of the ditch. It was amazing that around 50 (8-16 year old) boys were able to lift a bus.

-Patrick

No comments:

Post a Comment