WEWE

WEWE

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Death to kuku

We have a farm in our backyard. We have been taking advantage by working in the fields, helping feeding the pigs, and killing chicken. We both absolutely love the shamba (farm) workers; Alice, Elizabeth, and Mwanike. They invited us to help them prepare the chicken that the school sells and also uses here to eat. I (Pat) took the advantage of this opportunity and here are some pictures.


Permission to kill chicken.

Pat and Alice

These are the female chicken. Bosco Boys has many more of these to produce eggs which we eat here and also sell to neighboring communities, schools, and people who want eggs.

Sorry if this is too graphic for anybody. This is the way they taught me how to put the chicken to rest. Ha, as I'm writing this I really hope no one is offended. I really am sorry if someone doesn't like this but if you want to eat the delicious KFC, they do this the same way.

These were the two I did in.

Mwanike and Elizabeth taught me the process of preparing the chicken. We first cut off the heads of the chicken, then with a huge pot of hot water we put the chicken in to help de-feather, then we de-feathered, cut off the limbs, took out the guts, and what I'm holding is a chicken ready to be cooked.

Elizabeth and Mwanike

Katie decided to help de-feather. She couldn't kill one of them but still wanted to contribute in some way.

No comments:

Post a Comment